Come get to know the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum in their first ever K-5 Educators’ Professional Development. Receive the tools, resources, and confidence you need to teach your students the importance of empathy, acceptance, and kindness through historical upstanders.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from Brad Meltzer, author of the Ordinary People Change the World book series and Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum
PBS series, which help kids build character, kindness, and compassion, one real historical hero at a time.
- When? Friday, October 8 (9:00 AM -12:00 PM CT)
- How? in-person at the Museum or virtually via Zoom webinar (your choice)
- What’s included?
- K-5 Holocaust Remembrance Week Resource and Lesson Packet
- Virtual Keynote with Q&A by award-winning author- Brad Meltzer
- I Am book set by Brad Meltzer (4+ books/participant)
- Preview of K-5 Museum Education Program
- Tickets to visit the Museum’s exhibitions and theaters
- Free parking in downtown Dallas